We are committed to creating a true culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We celebrate diversity and treat people fairly and with respect. We respect the contribution of each team member and regard discrimination as unfair, unacceptable and unlawful.
We believe that a team in which differences in gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background are well represented builds a competitive advantage, enhances business and thinking and helps to connect us with our customers. Our company culture embraces and fosters diversity, inclusion and different viewpoints.
Barkers Is Committed To
- Promoting a working environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Leading from the top down, leaders are accountable for creating a culture of inclusion in which the strengths of every individual are recognized and valued.
- Striving to ensure that all employees and contractors receive equal and fair treatment in all aspects of the company’s employment practices.
- The fundamental principle that gender is not a barrier to participation in our company at any level and is committed to providing opportunities that allow women to reach their full potential.
- Being aware of cultural sensitivities when working with others (employees, contractors or customers).
- Attracting, retaining and motivating employees from the widest possible pool of talent through pay parity, development, promotion and ongoing training.
- Improving with innovation, creativity and inspiring critical thinking.
- Create a dynamic environment that leads to higher performance, well-being and greater employee engagement and satisfaction.
- To actively seek, value and draw on the differing knowledge, perspectives, experience and styles present in our workplace community.
Health and Wellbeing
Bullying, harassment of any nature, victimisation, vilification or any other offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. Report any breaches of this firstly to your manager, or up the reporting line. All complaints will be treated fairly and in confidence.
Barkers fosters a culture where the health and wellbeing of its employees is the utmost important. If you need someone to talk to or extra support Barkers provides a free service through EAP Service.
New to Barkers?
- 10% off full price products in store and online*
- Be first access to exclusive deals and VIP days
- Exclusive invites to VIP events
- Access to order history, so we remember your sizes
- Save your address details for a fast and easy order processing.