Just what makes a classic? For one thing, it stands the test of time, but it has to be more than just enduring. A classic, above all else, remains relevant.
And that’s what we have here. Everyday silhouettes fused with nature’s very own technical fibre – New Zealand ZQ Merino – to create future classics that perform and adapt to the times.
ZQ Merino® is more than just a fibre, it’s an ecosystem, created as a means to protect the environment, the wellbeing of the animals and the livelihoods of the growers. In order for those growers to become accredited partners in the ZQ programme, they are required to provide five basic freedoms to their sheep;
- Freedom from thirst or hunger.
- Freedom frompain or distress.
- Freedom from injury or disease.
- Freedom from discomfort or inadequate shelter.
- Freedom to display normal patterns of behaviour.
As well, all ZQ growers are audited every three years by AsureQuality (asurequality.com), an independent, accredited third-party that ensures the ZQ ecosystem remains intact and the freedoms of the sheep are being met.
Along with animal welfare, ZQ growers are held to standards that demand the best for environmental practise by helping them create a land environment plan. This outlines how their individual property will be managed, including water quality and the local biodiversity, in order to mitigate negative impact. It's supported by collecting data in a Life Cycle Assessment, or LCA, which evaluates the resource requirements and seeks to quantify the environmental impacts over its lifetime.
New to Barkers?
- 10% off full price products in store and online*
- Be first access to exclusive deals and VIP days
- Exclusive invites to VIP events
- Access to order history, so we remember your sizes
- Save your address details for a fast and easy order processing.
Become a Barkers’ VIP member